AURORA of Central New York, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization with a 90+ year history of serving individuals of all ages who are blind, visually impaired, Deaf, hard-of-hearing, late deafened and deaf blind. The agency is dedicated to being a leader in the field and is committed to:
- providing high quality services that empower individuals to achieve their highest potential and fullest level of participation in their homes, schools on the job and in the community;
- advocating for the elimination of barriers and attitudes that hinder this participation;
- educating all citizens on the causes, treatment and management of these disabilities; and
- organizing resources necessary to support these efforts.
At Aurora of Central New York WE BELIEVE:
- AURORA should foster quality of life and a sense of valued personal worth for people with vision or hearing loss, including independence and autonomy, personal esteem and dignity in all endeavors.
- People with visual or hearing impairments should have opportunities to participate fully in education, employment, and community life.
- The ability to advocate for one’s self is essential to ensure full and equal access for people with sensory loss.
- Consumers of our service should have optimum access to a comprehensive range of services provided or coordinated by AURORA.
- Services should be provided in a professional, caring and empowering way.
- Our services should be provided in the most cost effective way.
- Our fundraising goals and objectives should preserve the integrity of our mission statement and the values upheld by AURORA.
- AURORA has the responsibility to serve as a leader in the field.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.